Choosing a printing partner for your next conference or tradeshow might seem like a straightforward process, but the decision has far-reaching effects that go way beyond just producing printed material. After all, you and your team work hard to produce and maintain a positive brand for each product that you develop and for your company. Not any old printer will help that process. As such, put a little thought into how you choose the printer that you partner with for all of your tradeshow marketing materials. Start by asking each of the printing services companies you interview:
- Do they understand what I'm trying to achieve and the importance of my project? A quality printer will not only go to the trouble of understanding your project and the goals of your project but will offer resources that you likely never considered. Who better to understand the capabilities of the print industry than a printing company that offers comprehensive services?
- Can they add value to my idea and make it even better? Taking question #1 a little further, look for a printer who can move your printing project ahead and one that understands the communication needs of conferences and tradeshows. Think emerging technology and concepts that can bridge the gap between printed material and the online connection. After all, the people who pass by your booth will represent a large range of cultures. Some may want to stay and chat and other's you will have only a few seconds to share information that they can review later.
- Do they have a reputation for great results and service? Be sure to vet your top choices. In fact, be proactive in your search and do the research ahead of time and then invite your top 3-5 printers to meet with you about your project. You want to find not just a printer but also a partner who you can develop a positive long-term relationship with so that all of your printing needs are world-class.
- Are they willing to turn things around quickly as circumstances warrant and do I trust them to save me in a pinch? A quality printer understands your needs and as such, will offer you the ability to do rush jobs or make changes on short notice while still producing successful print outcomes. You won't find that in every print shop, but the companies that are willing to own your time frame are the ones that fit this entire list of considerations.
- Can they make the process easy for me? Delivering my materials where they need to be on time. You need a printer you can count on to deliver what you need when you need it and without all of the run-around. Ask them if they deliver and if they offer delivery windows. And importantly, do they know the ins and outs of the convention centers and hotels. You want to be able to receive your printing project with enough time to review it and make last minute changes. This gives both you and the printer time to handle changes without them becoming a crisis.
Successful print companies can handle all of these skillsets and still produce award-winning promotional products. Also, consider that printing is not just about copying fliers. It also involves producing accurate graphics, signs, posters, and banners that stand out and engage within a crowded convention space while still conveying a clear message. A quality printing services make it easier for you to:
- Be seen as a leader in your industry
- Demonstrate value to your consumer base
- Creating effective and efficient marketing materials that clearly communicate your message.
Kendall Press is the go-to printing services company based in Cambridge and serving the greater Boston area. Since 1986 we have helped companies better communicate through printed materials and we specialize in tradeshows and conferences. Reach out to us with your questions, a request for a customized quote, or for ideas about what printing can do for your communication needs.