Through the years, we have been a leader in managing our business in a way that impacts the environment in a friendly, positive, and thoughtful manner. Long before others were paying attention to environmental issues, we implemented the following Environmental Vision and Management Policy:
- Virtually 100% of our paper purchases are from companies that harvest trees from decades-old tree farms specifically planted, harvested, and replanted to provide an ongoing source of non-public paper pulp. These tree farms not only ensure a sustainable, ongoing paper supply but also ensure that the land they use will remain undeveloped commercially.
- We recycle literally tons of paper every month.
- We use recycled papers whenever possible.
- Our environmentally friendly printing uses biodegradable, recyclable inks and toners.
- We solvents that are almost 100% water soluble, biodegradable, and recyclable. They’re often more expensive, but we consider them a wise investment.
- We have implemented programs to reduce our electrical consumption and minimize the use of all raw materials.
- We are located in a LEED-certified building focused on being environmentally responsible and using resources efficiently.
How You Can Help:
- Use our digital/internet ordering, proofing, and reordering system. That enables all of us to save substantial amounts of gasoline and other raw materials.
- Use recycled papers whenever possible.
- Recycle your office ink cartridges. Send out large jobs to more efficient equipment which you’ll find in a commercial print shop like ours. We use inks and toners that are recyclable.
- Use CFL’s in your home and office space to reduce your KWH consumption by up to 20%.
- Any suggestions about how further reducing our carbon footprint? Please reach out with your ideas, or JOIN OUR MAILING LIST for our newsletter which touches upon Environmental and Sustainability opportunities and business communications with a hint of a sense of humor. And check out how to get pickled supporting GoGreenStreets initiatives.
- If you have suggestions about other ways we could further limit our environmental impact, please call us with your ideas.